The purpose of this assignment is to plan implement and evaluate a health education project for a targeted audience. Students will select a specific client population. Appropriate teaching methods and issues of cultural sensitivity are to be addressed.
Target Population: Middle age Jewish population with type 2 diabetes.
A. Assessment/literature review
Conduct an electronic literature review for the targeted audience (specific age-related/developmental stage, specific health concern/issue and a specific culture). Locate at least 6 to 7 recent (within 5 years) appropriate articles from professional peer reviewed journals. You or your group will submit a typewritten summary of the literature review, limited to 2 -3 pages. Submit bibliography in APA format.
B. Teaching Plan
1. Write 3 to 5 objectives for the teaching project. Write at least one objective for each of the domains (cognitive, affective and psychomotor). Use commonly used verbs.
2. Select a learning theory for your plan and give rationale for your selection
3. Refer to Edelman and Mandle text Unit 4 (Developmental Stages)
4. Refer to Edelman and Mandle Chp 2 (Emerging Populations and Health).
5. Write a content outline for the presentation
C. Evaluation Strategy
Write an evaluation for each objective. The strategy can be objective question format, essay type or other appropriate strategy. Due on the day of the presentation.
The following text will help you develop your plan.
Please refer to: Bastable, S (2006). Essentials of Patient Education. Boston: Jones and Bartlett
Determinants of Learning: Chapter 4. 6. And 7
Motivation, compliance and health behaviors of the learner
Developing the teaching plan: Chapter 10 Teaching Methods: Chapter 11, 12
Evaluation in Health Care Education: Chapter 14
WE ARE THE LEADING ACADEMIC ASSIGNMENTS WRITING COMPANY, BUY THIS ASSIGNMENT OR ANY OTHER ASSIGNMENT FROM US AND WE WILL GUARANTEE AN A+ GRADE